LEED Certified & CARB Compliant Flooring
Our business is wood. Being environmentally responsible and developing innovative ways to turn wood scraps into energy is the way Ashawa Bay has been doing business for over 70 years. We were a “green” company decades before it became the popular thing to be. Ashawa Bay engineered hardwood floors are CARB compliant qualify for up to six LEED points in building construction.
Potential LEED Points:
- MR Credit 4 – Recycled Content: 1 – 2 Points
- MR Credit 5 – Regional Materials: 1 – 2 Points
- MR Credit 7 – Certified Wood: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.2 Low – Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.3 Low – Emitting Materials Flooring Systems: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.4 Low – Emitting Materials Composite Wood: 1 Point
We also offer ultra low VOC finish that is beautiful, wear resistant, and environmentally friendly.