Our business is wood. Being environmentally responsible and developing innovative ways to turn wood scraps into energy is the way Ashawa Bay has been doing business for over 70 years. We were a "green" company decades before it became the popular thing to be.
Ashaway Bay engineered hardwood floors qualify for up to six LEED points in building construction.
Potential LEED Points:
- MR Credit 4 – Recycled Content: 1 – 2 Points
- MR Credit 5 – Regional Materials: 1 – 2 Points
- MR Credit 7 – Certified Wood: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.2 Low – Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.3 Low – Emitting Materials Flooring Systems: 1 Point
- IEQ Credit 4.4 Low – Emitting Materials Composite Wood: 1 Point
Most domestic species such as maple, cherry, walnut, white oak, red oak and hickory are available as FSC® certified. Also, many exotic species, such as Jatoba, Merbau and Sapele for example, are available as FSC certified or are becoming FSC certified. For a current listing of FSC certified species options, please give us a call or send us an email.
We also offer ultra low VOC finish that is beautiful, wear resistant, and environmentally friendly.